We ask everyone to give everyone else a big round of applause! We are seeing a wonderful improvement in COVID-19 cases, and as our Prime Minister announced, New Zealand is lifting Alert Level 3 on Wednesday, May 13th, 11.59 PM, and entering Alert Level 2 from Thursday 14th.
Following the government’s guidance, HIKOCO will be opening ALL branches (Newmarket, Sylvia Park, and Queen St). This will be done in a manner that respects the safety of all our staff & our customers.
Here are the rules HIKOCO will be following, when operating during Level 2:
- Following the public guidance about physical distancing (1 metre) at all times.
- Strictly following the contact tracing guidance. All customers entering the stores will either be asked to join HIKOCO’s membership (so we can record all staff-customer interaction,) OR to write down personal details.
- Limiting the number of customers entering the stores with 4 customers at a time.
- Following the “one customer, one server” rule. Each customer will be served by one staff member for consultations if needed.
- Having a maximum of two staff members at all hours.
- Unfortunately, tester products will NOT be available due to hygiene reasons.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided at all branches for staff & customers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us & let us know.
"Keep it small, keep your distance, and be kind," is what our Prime Minister has told us, and that’s exactly what we’re going to do. Once again, thank you to all of you who have been staying home & keeping New Zealand safe. Let’s all hope & try harder so that this will soon be over!
Stay safe, stay positive, and stay beautiful 💖
*As we entered Alert Level 3, our courier partner NZ POST is expecting dramatic increases in parcel volumes. We have been notified to let customers know to “expect delays up to 5 working days.” HIKOCO will continue to dispatch orders at the same rate, yet please be understanding of the situation that the courier drivers that are working 24/7.